Research undertaken by price comparison website, MoneySuperMarket, has revealed Bristol to be the worst place in the UK when it comes to driving.
To come to this conclusion, the study took into account road traffic accidents, incidents of road rage, the overall quality of roads and vehicle crime.
With 296 instances of vehicle crime and 51% of drivers experiencing road rage, Bristol was announced as top overall in the survey, with Lincoln, at 61 percent, being the city with the highest incidence of road rage. Lincoln came fifth overall in the survey where Canterbury, with only 260 in a year accidents, proved much safer.
With 9,182 road traffic accidents during 2015, London came an overall second for being the worst place for driving in the UK. Therefore it can hardly be seen as surprising that insurance premiums for Britain’s capital city rank as the most expensive in the country at an average of £817 which is an astonishing 60 percent more than is the national average.
According to the survey carried out by MoneySuperMarket drivers in Dumfries enjoy the cheapest car insurance premiums which average around £291.
The Worst Five Places To Be A Driver Within The UK
1. Bristol – Vehicle crime placed Bristol first, with 296 incidents of vehicle crime within a mile of the city centre in August 2016 alone!
2. London – With 9,182 accidents reported during 2015 the Capital’s number of accidents is responsible for its poor scoring.
3. Birmingham – With 2,732 reported accidents in 2015, Birmingham ranked as the UK’s second most dangerous place to drive.
4. Southampton – With 10% of roads in the city in need of maintenance, awful road surface conditions are responsible for Southampton’s fourth place .
5. Lincoln – Lincoln makes it into the top five due to having the highest levels of road rage in England.
Spots from six to 15 were taken by Portsmouth, Wolverhampton, Hull, Leeds, Exeter, Manchester, Newcastle, Peterborough, Canterbury and Cambridge.